Success Story: Yitran amazed by our SoC solutions Nov 14th, 2012
"We have been working with DCD for quite a few years now and we are very happy to continue our cooperation with them.
DCD have impressed us, time and again, with the quality of their IP core products and their excellent support."
Mr Shimon Solodkin
Software Group Manager, Yitran
Digital Core Design is a leading Intellectual Property (IP) Core provider and System-on-Chip (SoC) design house. The company was founded in 1999 and and since the early beginnings has been considered an expert in IP Core architecture improvements. The innovativeness of DCD's IP solutions has been confirmed by over 300 licenses sold to over 200 customers worldwide, such as: INTEL, SIEMENS, TOYOTA, OSRAM, GENERAL ELECTRIC, RAFAEL, SAGEM, GOODRICH and of course YITRAN.
Yitran Communications Ltd. is a fabless semiconductor company that designs, develops and markets highly robust, low cost PLC integrated circuits. Yitran is a leading provider of cutting edge communication technology for command and control applications including Energy Management, Automatic/Remote Meter Reading, Home/Building Automation, Switching and Lighting, HVAC Control, Street Light control and more.
- Proprietary FLASH programmer processing
- HAD2 kit profound modification
- DoCDTM debug software adjustment & alteration
- Proprietary FLASH
- High quality IP, ultimate DP80390 efficiency
- Enhanced IT700 chip
- Effective cooperation throughout new FLASH programmer verification
- Received excellent support from an experienced engineering team
- First pass silicon success
- Scalable solution for cost -sensitive designs achieved
Yitran Communication Ltd. provides low cost, innovative technology for superior performance and robustness. This is due to its DCSK (Differential Code Shift Keying) modulation technique, which provides extremely high communication reliability and Adaptive back-off algorithm. Thanks do these features, Yitran’s engineering team started to develop of one of its best known products, the IT700. This IC is a highly integrated System-on-a-Chip (SoC) Powerline Communication (PLC) that incor-porates extremely robust Physical Layer (PHY), high-performance Data Link Layer (DLL) and Network (Y-Net) protocol. But the core part wouldn’t be so effective without unique implementations invented in Digital Core Design’s laboratories. They‘ve been based on comprehensive combination of several complex solutions based on DP80390, MDU32, UART1, DSPI, DI2CM, Timer2CC and proprietary FLASH. What differs them from other competitors? In one word – everything. As an example, only DP80390’s efficiency significantly surpasses other solutions: it offers 8MB linear code and data space, when other IP vendors can offer only 64kB of linear memory. Digital Core Design masterminded ultimate highly integrated peripheral I2C, SPI, counters, UART and advanced arithmetic coprocessor. Basic difficulty was to compile proprietary FLASH circuit. DCD’s R&D department motto is: “impossible is nothing”, that’s why all difficulties were successfully fought down. But the final solution wouldn’t be possible without HAD2 kit profound modification and DoCDTM debug software adjustment & alteration. The DoCDTM provides some serviceable features, like a real-time and non-intrusive debug capability, enabling a pre-silicon validation and post-silicon, on chip software de-bugging. It also allows hardware breakpoints, trace, variables watch and multi C sources debugging. What’s important, the DoCDTM Debug Software can work as a hardware debugger, as well as a software simulator - some tasks can be validated at software simulation level and after this step, you can continue real-time debugging, by uploading code into silicon. These unique features, combined with profound and efficient cooperation between both engineering teams, enabled unique, time to market solution.
'"We rely on DCD to give our customers the best service possible and they provide it with admirable consistency."
Mr Shimon Solodkin
Software Group Manager, Yitran
More information about Yitran: www.yitran.com
Attached fileDownload: success-story_yitran-1326878525.pdf ( 635 KB )
- Dec 21st. Badania i rozwój. Zapytania ofertowe
- Dec 2nd. D32PRO, our 32-bit CPU named the Product of the Future
- Oct 17th. DUSB2-ULPI, AN USB 2.0 DEVICE CONTROLLER WITH ULPI INTERFACE
- May 7th. D32PRO, FULLY SCALABLE & ROYALTY-FREE 32-BIT CPU FROM DCD
- Nov 17th. Badania i rozwój. Nieaktualne zapytania ofertowe
- Jun 14th. Success Story: Myson Century: “Outstanding performance” - the core advantage of DCD’s 8051 family
- Apr 10th. Success Story: ASIX: The key to new network solutions.
- Mar 1st. Success Story: Syntronix: Long-term cooperation based on professionalism and trust.
- Jan 3rd. Success Story: TAOS: Support – the key to success.
- Nov 28th. Success Story: Avisonic Chooses DCD’s DP8051 for Image Processors