The World’s fastest 8051 CPUJan 2nd, 2012
Digital Core Design, a leading IP Core provider and System-on-Chip (SoC) design house from Poland, introduced the new DQ80251 Core. DCD’s microprocessor is the World’s fastest solution. Confirmation came after successful tests run on Dhrystone 2.1 benchmark program, which showed clearly, that Polish IP Core is up to 56.8 times faster than the original 8051 at the same clock frequency.
Bytom, Poland. Digital Core Design introduced the newest 8051 implementation, which is significantly much more efficient than any other solution available on the market. Independent tests were carried out on Dhrystone 2.1 benchmark program, which is the most representative of general processor (CPU) performance. Achieved results were recognized by many IT professionals as revolutionary. DCD’s DQ80251, the quad-pipelined ultra-high performance IP Core is 56.8 times faster than the original 8051 at the same clock frequency. – Our DQ80251 runs at 300MHz without losing's breath. It was possible not because of adding higher frequency, but thanks to unique architecture we implemented. I can just mention that original 8051, to get equivalent performance, must be clocked with 17 000 MHz – says Thomas Krzyzak, vice president of Digital Core Design. Moreover, Polish Core provides up to 0.54311 DMIPS/MHz (VAX MIPS) and uses only 14 500 ASIC gates, which locates DQ80251 far away from other competitors. These unique features effect on DCD’s solution as a perfect choice for all embedded applications demanding cost effective and best possible solutions.
DQ80251 family provides efficient real-time JTAG based DoCD debugger and is fully user configurable, which influences on its unique features, which are tailored to exact specification. Digital Core Design’s 8051 have been sold to hundreds of customers during the last decade, among them Intel, Siemens, Philips, Toyota or General Electric. They have been provided by DQ80251 family as a heritage of DP8051/DQ8051.
DCD’s DQ80251 family is available as VERILOG Source code, VHDL Source code and FPGA Netlist formats. As customers differ themselves, the same DCD’s IP Cores are designed in a wide variety of additional packaging and flexible licensing options.
More information: http://dcd.pl/ipcore/198/dq80251/
- Dec 21st. Badania i rozwój. Zapytania ofertowe
- Dec 2nd. D32PRO, our 32-bit CPU named the Product of the Future
- Oct 17th. DUSB2-ULPI, AN USB 2.0 DEVICE CONTROLLER WITH ULPI INTERFACE
- May 7th. D32PRO, FULLY SCALABLE & ROYALTY-FREE 32-BIT CPU FROM DCD
- Nov 17th. Badania i rozwój. Nieaktualne zapytania ofertowe
- Jun 14th. Success Story: Myson Century: “Outstanding performance” - the core advantage of DCD’s 8051 family
- Apr 10th. Success Story: ASIX: The key to new network solutions.
- Mar 1st. Success Story: Syntronix: Long-term cooperation based on professionalism and trust.
- Jan 3rd. Success Story: TAOS: Support – the key to success.
- Nov 28th. Success Story: Avisonic Chooses DCD’s DP8051 for Image Processors