DQ80251 from Digital Core Design is the World’s Fastest 8051 CPUMay 7th, 2015
The DQ80251 mastered by Digital Core Design runs more than 75 times faster than the original 8051 chip, being the same the highest performance MCS51 instruction set compatible IP Core currently available. This fully configurable 80251 Microcontroller Core executes the MCS-51 and MCS-251 instruction sets and is delivered with great variety of integrated peripherals like USB, Ethernet, I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, LIN, HDLC and Smart Card. The DQ80251 is available through a global net of DCD’s distributors.
Digital Core Design launched its first version of the DQ80251 in 2011, offering performance 66 times faster than the original 8051 chip. It took the competitors almost 4 years to achieve similar results, that’s why DCD accommodated customers’ expectations and introduced fully configurable 80251 microcontroller which executes MCS-51 and MCS-251 instruction sets 75.08 times faster than the original chip. – Our DQ80251 boasts a Dhrystone 2.1 perfor-mance rating of 0.70579 DMIPS/MHz, which therefore enables a 75.08 times speed-up over the original 80C51 chip operating at the same frequency – says Tomasz Krzyzak, vice president at Digital Core Design - But the speed is not all, that’s why the DQ8051’s dynamic power consumption is also ultimate low. The same, it rivals not only all other 8051-compatible cores but also low-power 32-bit processors.
The DQ80251 is royalty-free, cost-effective 8051 IP Core with ultimate code density and instruction intelligence. – Thanks to it, the DQ80251 runs more operations in less time and consumes less power – adds Krzyzak. DCD enhanced the Core’s functionality by implementing great variety of integrated peripherals like USB, Ethernet, I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, LIN, HDLC and Smart Card. And to enable more complex SoCs design, the DQ80251 is equipped with built-in on-chip debugger (DoCDTM). It is a real-time hardware debugger, which provides debugging capability of a whole System-on-Chip (SoC). Unlike other on-chip debuggers, the DoCDTM provides non-intrusive debugging of running application. It can halt, run, step into or skip an instruction, read/write any contents of the microcontroller, including all registers, internal and external program memories and all SFRs, including user defined peripherals. – Nowadays 8051 CPUs gain their place in high-demand products, thanks to plenty of horsepower and many advantages like low costs, energy and area – summarizes Krzyzak – We neither can forget that the DQ80251 is easy to integrate and program. That’s why DCD’s IP Core, thanks to robust feature set, advanced power-saving features and World’s fastest performance, seems to be an appropriate solution for more complex applications.
More information: http://dcd.pl/ipcore/198/dq80251/
DQ80251’s presentation: https://youtu.be/jaXQTAR9RKU
- Dec 21st. Badania i rozwój. Zapytania ofertowe
- Dec 2nd. D32PRO, our 32-bit CPU named the Product of the Future
- Oct 17th. DUSB2-ULPI, AN USB 2.0 DEVICE CONTROLLER WITH ULPI INTERFACE
- May 7th. D32PRO, FULLY SCALABLE & ROYALTY-FREE 32-BIT CPU FROM DCD
- Nov 17th. Badania i rozwój. Nieaktualne zapytania ofertowe
- Jun 14th. Success Story: Myson Century: “Outstanding performance” - the core advantage of DCD’s 8051 family
- Apr 10th. Success Story: ASIX: The key to new network solutions.
- Mar 1st. Success Story: Syntronix: Long-term cooperation based on professionalism and trust.
- Jan 3rd. Success Story: TAOS: Support – the key to success.
- Nov 28th. Success Story: Avisonic Chooses DCD’s DP8051 for Image Processors