Some say that UART's been in electronics since the begining. To be honest, it's hard to deny cause Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter is a piece of computer hardware that translates data between parallel and serial forms. As far as that small microchip controls a computer's interface to its attached serial devices, it provides the computer with the RS-232C Data Terminal Equipment ( DTE ).
Thanks to the UART, RS interface can "talk" to and exchange data with modems and other serial devices. Digital Core Design developed IP Cores which ensure you, that "talk", as well as all other communication is fluent and efficient. We know that some features supported by UARTs require only basic transmission/reception functions, while others require implemented FIFO and advanced hardware and/or software data flow control.
Discover our Digital World of IP Core solutions tailored to your UART needs.
- DUARTTiny UARTUARTs
- D2692Dual UARTUARTs
- D16450Configurable UARTUARTs
- D16550Configurable UART with FIFOUARTs
- D16750Configurable UART with FIFO and hardware flow controlUARTs
- D16752Configurable UART with FIFO, hardware and software flow controlUARTs
- D16950Expanded UART with FIFO, hard and soft flow control, synchronous modeUARTs
- D85C30UART Core with SDLC FunctionUARTs